Facebook business pages
are awesome. They are proven to drive traffic to your website, generate calls for business, and can even be a very effective platform to sell your products and services from. However, once business begins to pick up, you may find yourself too busy to post to your Facebook business page as much as you’d like. This is where admin user roles make sense. Adding another Facebook user to help manage your Facebook business page can help you save time and allow you to do what you do best – run your business. Assigning users to your Facebook business page is super simple. You just need to know where to look in your page to do it. Follow these easy steps to start assigning user roles for your employees, friends, family, and whomever else you trust to help spread your message on Facebook. NOTE!!! The people who you assign to manage your Facebook business page must “like” your business page before you can assign them a user role. Make sure they do that before you proceed. Otherwise, you won’t be able to assign user roles to them.
Sign into your Facebook account and navigate to your Facebook business page. Then, click on the “Settings” tab in the menu above your page, just underneath the blue heading bar.
On the left side of the page, you’ll see a column of options with which you can manage various aspects of your Facebook business page. Locate and click “Page Roles.”
In the field just under the section called “Assign a New Page Role,” enter in the name or email address (the one the person you’re adding uses to sign into Facebook with) of the person you’d like to assign a user role in the field. As mentioned earlier, the person must have “liked” your Facebook business page prior to completing this step. If they haven’t, this is where your effort will come to an end. Next, select what kind of user role to assign. Each level bestows certain abilities and permissions your new user can execute. They include:
- Admin – Can manage all aspects of the Page. They can: send messages and publish as the Page, respond to and delete comments on the Page, create ads, see which admin created a post or comment, view insights, respond to and delete Instagram comments from the Page, edit Instagram account details from the Page and assign Page roles.
- Editor – Can send messages and publish as the Page, respond to and delete comments on the Page, create ads, see which admin created a post or comment, view insights, respond to and delete Instagram comments from the Page and edit Instagram account details from the Page.
- Moderator – Can send messages as the Page, respond to and delete comments on the Page, create ads, see which admin created a post or comment, view insights and respond to Instagram comments from the Page.
- Advertiser – Can see which admin created a post or comment, create ads and view insights.
- Analyst – Can see which admin created a post or comment and view insights.
- Live Contributor – Can go live as the Page from a mobile device. They can’t: comment as the Page, create ads, access Publishing Tools or view insights.
Finally, click the blue “Add” button.
The final step is to enter in your Facebook password. This protects your page from users being added without your authorization (like if you suddenly have to use the restroom and leave your desk with the page still open in your browser). That’s it! See, that wasn’t so hard.
How To Remove Facebook Business Page Users
Unfortunately, sometimes people may need to have their user roles revoked. The process is super easy. Simply follow steps 1 and 2 above. Then, locate the person who needs to be removed and click the “Edit” button next to their name.
Next, simply click “Remove.”
Finally, enter in your Facebook password and the user will no longer be able manage your Facebook business page. NOTE!!! Only users with “Admin” permissions can remove other users from managing your Facebook business page. All other user roles can only remove themselves, should they choose to do so.
If you have any questions, or need help managing your social media marketing
campaigns, don’t hesitate to call Arcane Marketing at (208) 938-5988