Local Electronics & Car Audio Store | SEO Case Study
Using proven and strategized Local SEO strategies, we aimed to improve the organic traffic to the website of a local car audio and electronics installation business during the 2019 holiday season. The period of time measured was October 1st, 2019 to December 31st, 2019.
How the objectives were achieved
This particular client has a smaller budget than others we work with, but, even a smaller budget can go a long way when applied strategically. The following SEO elements were employed throughout 2019 to help increase their organic reach:
- We completely optimized their Google My Business listing. This included adding updated images of their entire product line, added UTM tracking to their URL, and verified that all important categories were in order.
- We subscribed them to Moz Local. This service syndicates their important business information to dozens of local listing directories that search engines use to establish relevance and authority for their business.
- We employed a modest link building strategy that focused on obtaining valuable and relevant backlinks from websites that are related to the car audio and general automotive industry.
- We completely updated the on-page SEO of the website by implementing an updated keyword strategy that involved the usage of semantic and tertiary keywords with measurable search volume.
- We also implemented a blog strategy and ensured that highly engaging and relevant content was being added to the blog on a monthly basis.
In addition to the above actions, we kept in constant contact with the client to ensure that the goals we were working toward were clear, concise, and valuable. Remember, we were working towards the goal of getting organic traffic increased for the 2019 holiday season.
The 2019 holiday season began on October 1st, 2019 and lasted through the end of the year.
- From October 1st, 2018 to December 31st, 2018, this client received 530 organic visits to their website.
- From October 1st, 2019 to December 31st, 2019, this client received 881 organic visits to their website.
So, when we compare the last three months of 2019 to the last three months of 2018, this client realized a 66.23% increase in organic traffic from new users.
Needless to say, this client enjoyed an increase in sales calls, audio installation appointments, and increased foot traffic to their location.