Furniture Store | SEO Case Study
How the objectives were achieved
We began working on their organic campaign in May of 2016. After an extensive website audit, we found:
- Most of their blog posts were not optimized with any money keywords
- Their backlink profile was minimal with lots of lower quality links pointed to their main money pages
- They have 4 showroom locations located in the south west United States. These locations had GMB listings that were not completely optimized and had very few reviews.
- The content in the main landing pages of the website was very thin and didn’t really serve the end user.
- The website load speed performance was abysmal. On average, it took the home page almost 16 seconds to load into a desktop Google Chrome browser.
As we got started working on the SEO, we got our web developer involved in speeding up the website. We set them up in a better hosting solution and implemented a good caching and CDN solution.
- We completely revamped all of the content in the main landing pages of the website. We wrote the content in a style that spoke directly to their core audience, the Baby Boomers.
- We completely scrubbed their blog of all content that was simply not useful and repurposed all removed content for link building.
- We began a robust link building campaign that involved guest blog posting, outreach link building, and influencer outreach. We were able to recover about 25% of their lost links and replaced the low quality links with links from websites with a decent domain authority.
- We implemented a strong review acquisition strategy for their GMB listings and completely optimized all 4 locations.
- We utilized Moz Local to help assist with establishing and maintaining NAP consistency.
- From 2016 to 2017, organic traffic to the website increased by 41%.
- From 2017 to 2018, organic traffic to the website increased by 13%
- From the first half of 2019 compared to the first half of 2020, traffic from Google My Business increased by 26%
- Though there were a few months of decreases, over all, the client saw a massive improvement in quality leads from the efforts we provided.