It’s 2023 and believe it or not… we are still talking with businesses that are not new who *still* do not have a website. I know right?!
Every business needs to have a website. Why? We’re glad you asked.
There are several reasons why your organization need a website — and one that has a proper website design. Remember that we’re not in 2005 any more… Yeah, some people need to be reminded.
This is a huge part of your marketing presence. We not only preach, but follow the thought line that your website is the foundation of your business and brand. If you’re running you’re business like you should, your website should be your very best salesperson. We can only say that because we’ve seen it and we’ve created it for our clients.
Here are a few reasons why your website and its website design is so essential for your business to succeed.
- Customer service — For a lot of potential customers, your website is the first impression they have of your business. It very likely will be what they use to decide to call you or look for one of your competitors. Old and outdated websites can be a major turnoff for users. The time and effort you put into your website carries over into the time and effort people think you will put into them as a customer.
- SEO Strategy — Many elements of your website design should be part of your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. This has a ton of influence on how search engines view and index your website. It needs to be designed in a way that is both user-friendly, and will get the most out of search engine indexing. We’ll get into more detail about SEO later in this post, but if you are unfamiliar with how it works and why it is important, a website design company is your best bet for getting the most out of your website.
- Brand consistency — Your business should have consistent branding everywhere — from your physical location, to advertisements, to your website, to each page of your website. Choose the same font, style, and layout for each page of the website so users can make sense of what they are looking at and what they are looking for. This will drive more leads from the users of your website.
- Trust — A well designed website makes the user much more likely to trust your business. On the other hand, a poorly designed website, or one that has missing or outdated information, tells the user that it might not be a trustworthy business. You’re not going to get many sales or clients for your business if they don’t feel like they can trust you.
- Competition — If you think you don’t need to worry about having a website, the way it is designed, or the way it is optimized because your competitors aren’t doing it — think again. They are. If you want to win, and if you are reading this, we know you do, your website is a big part of winning. Build a website that performs better than what your competitors are doing and you’ll outrank them and get more leads.
Your Brand's Website Design Musts
Having a user-friendly website has never been more important than it is now. And in 2023, that trend isn’t going to change. So there are a few aspects that are essential for a successful website design
Page Load Time
You need a website that is going to load fast. When we say fast, we’re talking about 2-3 seconds. If your website is taking more than three seconds, about half of users will abandon your site for a different one. You don’t want that! It is vital that the images and graphics on your website are properly optimized to load quickly.
A website with an attractive, sleek design will go a long way for your business. When users visit your site, your goal for them is conversions (calling you, submitting a contact form, joining your mailing list, etc). If your website is cluttered or confusing to the user, their conversions will be on the website of your competitor. Your website design needs to include a clean and clear navigation menu. This should include links to pages such as services, products, about us, your blog, and a contact us page.
This gains importance every year. More and more people are using a variety of devices to access the internet. This means your website design needs to perform on desktop computers, tablets, and especially mobile phones. Every user needs to have a positive experience no matter what they use to find your website. This makes a world of difference in keeping your leads engaged with your website.
Get To The Point
Once a user comes to your website, they will quickly decide if they are interested in the content of your website or if they want to search for another one. Make sure that your Idaho Falls website design has the important information available to the user immediately. This should include attention-grabbing headlines and a call-to-action that leads to the conversions you are looking for (more on that in a minute).
When a user visits your website, you better be sure they find the information they are looking for. This means engaging content on the pages of the website and on your blog. (Yes, you should have a blog!) This is where users should be able to learn all about your business. The content on your website is just as important as your website design! An important part of your content is the visual elements that go with the text. Users are much more likely — about 10 times in fact — to interact with a video on your site rather than just text. The key to success with your website is a good balance between images/videos and the text on each page.
Choose Attractive Colors
When it comes to website design, not all colors are created equal. There are color schemes that work and some that don’t. This rings true for your home, wardrobe, and website design. Certain color combinations can cause the user’s eyes to strain. Make sure that the color of your text, background, images, logo, etc work well together and are easy for the user to read through.
A call-to-action is a message that invites the user to do something. CTAs may ask a user to call your business, fill out a form, make an appointment, join a list, or anything else that you want people to do for your business. Be sure to put these in prominently displayed at the top of the page when users will see and understand what you want them to do. But that’s not all. They should also be strategically placed in other parts of the website that make sense with the content. For example, if a section of a page is promoting a newsletter or email list, place a call-to-action to sign up in this section.
Your website design is not something that is done once and is finished. It needs to be an ongoing job. This means consistent updates, changes, and improvements. So you are going to want a website where these changes can be made easily. This will save you a lot of time and headaches!
Website Design And SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is key to reaching your business goals through the optimization of your online presence to reach your target audience through search engines. This should be a major part of your website design. This is what can separate your website from your competitors when it comes to helping customers find and understand your message.
SEO for your Idaho Falls website design and should include a variety of processes, including website audits, keyword research, link building, the right content for your audience, metadata, analytics, and much more.
Website Design In Idaho Falls
Many business owners don’t know where to start when it comes to building a website or how to maintain it in a way that will drive their business forward. This is when a website design and optimization like Arcane Marketing can make all the difference in your business. We have a variety of services that can help your business — from building the website, to maintaining it, to creating the content that should be on it. Our agency is headquartered in Idaho Falls, but our web design skills are out of this world. Don’t believe us? Contact us today and let’s talk. We can prove it.
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields